The Worcestershire Camera Club was formed in 1890

by members of the Worcester Tricycle Club and held its first meeting at the Guildhall in October of that year.  The Club, which has always been based in Worcester, enjoys one of the largest Camera Club memberships in the Midlands.  In 2015 we will be celebrating our 125th Anniversary. 

As the press cutting illustrates, the idea to form a Camera Club in the City of Worcester was made known at a meeting of the Worcester Tricycle Club in February 1890 held at the Bell Hotel in St John's.

 

Earl Beauchamp, the first president of Worcestershire Camera Club


Portrait
Club President - The Rt Hon the Earl Beauchamp (1896)